The Truth about Hemp

Advanced search  
Pages: 1   Go Down

Author Topic: Join me: help protect state's rights to medical marijuana from federal meddling  (Read 5483 times)

Sea Mac

• The Wizard
  • Webmaster
  • Expertise: 18
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • SeaMonkey 2.16 SeaMonkey 2.16

Last week, members of Congress introduced new legislation that would protect medical marijuana under federal law.  For years, federal authorities have waged a war on medical marijuana patients and providers. Now we have a chance to change federal law to ensure that the assault on medical marijuana comes to an end.

The new bills in Congress would recognize the medical use of marijuana and protect patients and providers from federal interference so they no longer have to live in fear of arrest and prosecution.
With medical marijuana laws in 18 states and the District of Columbia and more public and Congressional support than ever, we’re in a better position to advance federal legal protections for medical marijuana. And this promising legislation in Congress is our opportunity to make a real difference at the federal level.

It is appalling that the government is using our tax dollars to attack vulnerable patients and undermine state laws. Without a change in federal law, medical marijuana patients will continue to suffer -- unless we come together and advocate for what’s right.
So I did something about it, and I hope you’ll join me. Keep the pressure on Congress to end the federal attack on medical marijuana.

Cosponsor H.R. 689 and H.R. 784

Dear [Decision Maker],

I'm writing to urge you to cosponsor bills that would protect medical marijuana under federal law. H.R. 689, the States' Medical Marijuana Patients Protection Act, will allow medical marijuana patients and dispensaries -- who are complying with state law -- the ability to access and distribute marijuana free from federal interference.

And H.R. 784 would protect commercial landlords and businesses who rent space to medical marijuana dispensaries from getting their property seized from the government.

There is a plethora of scientific evidence establishing marijuana's medical safety and efficacy and public polling for marijuana law reform is skyrocketing. More than 70% of Americans support medical marijuana. And 18 states and the District of Columbia have already legalized marijuana for medical use.

It is clear that federal law needs to be changed so that states can do what is best for their citizens without fear of federal intervention.

Congress should move swiftly to acknowledge what patients, doctors, researchers and scientists have been telling us for years: marijuana has therapeutic and medicinal benefits.  I urge you to respect the will of voters by cosponsoring these bills.
Pages: 1   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 25 queries.

email
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal