The Truth about Hemp

Advanced search  
Pages: 1   Go Down

Author Topic: The AMA is calling for a government review of marijuana’s legal status!  (Read 5680 times)

DdC

• Staff
  • Expertise: 16
AMA Calls For Ending Nixon's Lie? NO...
« Reply #2 on: 11-21-2009 at 05:56:50 PM »

Sorry to dampen any spirits.

The AMA Medical Industrial Complex has permitted millions of Americans to suffer needless anxiety and physical harm from drug thugs for 40 years. They sat by while their Insurance and Pharmaceutical masters did the bidding for $Trillions in profits. Not once did they ever disclose the thousands of years of safe use. Now they say nothing, not a damn word different. They have no intention of allowing common working US peasants to have something for nothing, not something they can sell. Not Buyers Clubs or Homegrown. They haven't changed the status of smoked pot. Barthwell and Bayer are lurking in the Shadows ready to pounce on a lowering to schedule#2, requiring a triplicate and still outlawing vegetable matter ignitions. They outlaw research but still manage to obtain a patent for cannabinoids? Fool me once shame on you, try fooling me a thousand times and I come to expect it. I hope I'm wrong, but with their track record, I don't think so.
~ DdC

Con Flicts of Interest Bush Barthwell & Drugs

Health regulators have sent an uncompromising message that smoked cannabis will not be approved for use by MS sufferers, leaving the way open for GW's under-the-tongue spray version of the drug.

Former Deputy Drug Czar Andrea Barthwell is the new spokesperson for getting GW Pharmaceuticals' Sativex approved for use in the United States. Bayer and GW Pharmaceuticals announce marketing agreement on pioneering new cannabis-based treatment.

"The people who are advancing marijuana as a medicine are perpetuating a cruel hoax that exploits our compassion for the sick. They are using patients' pain and suffering in an attempt to change America's drug control policy. Marijuana is a crude plant product that most definitely is not a medicine."
~ Andrea Barthwell
Former Deputy Drug Czar (Bush II)

US Government Patents Medical Pot
July 3rd, 2008 By: Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director

There's a Monopoly on Marijuana Growing & Research By Dave Stancliff
CN Source: Times-Standard August 09, 2009 USA
I'd like you to meet Dr. Mahmoud ElSohly, the only person in the United States who can grow tons of marijuana and not worry the Feds will bust him. If your company wants to do research on marijuana, he's the guy to see. Dr. ElSohly's lab at the University of Mississippi has an exclusive contract with the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), which supplies the pot to approved researchers who study its ill effects.

US Government Patents Medical Pot

Cannabis extract made by Parke, Davis & Co. circa 1910

Souder Orders to FDA Backfiring!

Boy, I wonder if anyone at the FDA foresaw this. The FDA statement against medical marijuana has been received around the nation (and even the world), as if NASA had proclaimed that the earth is flat.

F.D.A. Misses Medical Benefit From Marijuana

Celebrity Stoners: American High Society

The Ganjawar Fraud

Nixon lied to schedule Ganja #1

Without the internet the censored programmed media would have kept playing the game. Now the information about Nixon and the true dangers and medicinal benefits posted on hundreds of sights make them look just silly as hell.

It was just a matter of time...

But I think 40 years of the lying conniving weasels terrorizing sick Americans needs Justice! Off with their heads! Public flogging? Something.
~ DdC

I Am Canabian & Ontario, A Place To Grow
Pot-TV Classics

AMA Calls For Ending Nixon's Lie?

U.S. government gives one man 115,000 joints

The only part of the Ganja plant not recognized as smokable is primarily what the government sends. Seeds, stems and leaves.

Feds Need One Million Joints

ONLY 8 PEOPLE CAN LEGALLY USE POT AS MEDICINE

D.E.A. Confirms Grounds To Remove Marijuana From Sched#1

A Press Release from the Law Offices of Michael Kennedy 7-13-00

After the IOM (Institute of Medicine) was petitioned to test Ganja for McCaffrey to reschedule, they came out with contrary evidence to what the drug thugs hoped. Not that Klintoon would play fair. But my belief is they had to do something and for 9 years they have stalled and kept Americans terrorized for nothing.

As I understand it the IOM was to go to Shalala in HHS (Health and Human Services) to evaluate if it should be rigorously tested further by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) She sat on it until Boosh got in and then Tommy Thompson sat on it and as far as I know its still at the HHS. The leaked FDA employee's opinion was just that. The press made the claim it was the FDA's official statement, falsely. But falsely is the only game they know.

This latest AMA statement was probably more towards the finding of their own physician students wanting it researched. But  again the games they play. It seems like they want it rescheduled for the Pharm corporations, not Ganja. Barthy and Bayer and the patents already granted should make them a bundle without jeopardizing their gravy train prohibition. SOS going strong since 1937. The WoD is shuck and jive, slight of hand, diversions, delays and degrading opponents like a Fox Newty. ~DdC

But across the pond...

Sacked Adviser Urges Cannabis Probe
Sacked government drugs adviser Prof David Nutt has called for a Royal Commission to investigate whether cannabis should be decriminalised.

This is promising...

Mandatory Minimum Drug Sentences Eliminated in Rhode Island
Nov 20 2009
A new law eliminating mandatory minimum drug sentences in Rhode Island has taken effect without the governor's signature.

AMA Calls For Ending The “Schedule I Lie”
November 10th, 2009 By: Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director
The Schedule I federal classification of cannabis — which states that, by law, the marijuana plant and its natural compounds have “no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States” — has long since passed the point of farcical. Nevertheless, defenders of the so-called “Schedule I lie” have possessed, for nearly 30 years, one prestigious ally that they could always rely on to endorse their absurd position: the American Medical Association.

Not anymore!

AMA Ends 72-Year Policy: Ganja is Medicine

The American Medical Association Reconsiders Marijuana.
Will The Justice Department Follow? (No.) by Jessica Bennett

AMA Ends 72-Year Policy, Says Marijuana has Medical Benefits
The American Medical Association voted today to reverse its long-held position that marijuana be retained as a Schedule I substance with no medical value.

Marijuana is safer and CHEAPER!
Nov 20 2009
Tobacco-related health costs: $800
booze-related health costs: $165
pot-related health costs: $20 - any questions?

AMA Ask That Marijuana Be Removed From Schedule 1 Drug List
By CSPANJunkie Wednesday Nov 11, 2009 2:00pm

AMA Ask That Marijuana Be Removed From Schedule 1 Drug List! U2b

MMJ Gets a Boost from Major Doctors Group

The American Medical Assn. on Tuesday urged the federal government to reconsider its classification of marijuana as a dangerous drug with no accepted medical use, a significant shift that puts the prestigious group behind calls for more research. The nation's largest physicians organization, with about 250,000 member doctors, the AMA has maintained since 1997 that marijuana should remain a Schedule I controlled substance, the most restrictive category, which also includes heroin and LSD.

ARE YOUR DRUGS LAWS WORKING? ASK A SCIENTIST
It's pleasing to see, in the storm of commentary over Professor David Nutt's sacking as the government's chief drugs adviser, that everyone outside politics now recognises the importance of scientific evidence in devising laws.  But a strange reasoning twitch has appeared, in the arguments of politicians and rightwing commentators.  Science can tell us about the molecules, they say, about their effect on the body and the risks.  But policy is separate: a matter for judgment calls on social and ethical issues.  Only politicians, they say, can determine the correct way to send out a clear message to the public.  It is not a matter for science.

This is wrong.  Alongside research into the risks of drugs, lots of work has also been done on the deterrent impact of different laws, classifications and levels of enforcement.  As every piece of research has its own imperfections ( and nobody has yet conducted a randomised controlled trial on drugs policy ) you can make your own mind up about whether you find the results compelling.

Prop 215 Anniversary Surprise
Ed Rosenthal
Friday, November 6, 2009: Thirteen years ago the day after the state election when voters passed Proposition 215 and made medical marijuana legal in California. It has been momentous, a slow moving earthquake that is convulsing around the world.

"Personally, I think marijuana is legal in the United States.
It's too bad the officials haven't gotten the word yet."

-- Elvy Musikka

Patients Out of Time

73 groups for medical cannabis

I am one of those 186 people...
by herbdoc215 on November 10, 2009
I even let Sunil (who is a double major PhD and MD in residency now with my MD) do a paper on my reaction to cannabis and how it's kept my opiate use at 100% the same for >20 years which in medical terms is a miracle in itself...that he just submitted to New England Journal of Medicine. I even lived with him for a couple of weeks back in 05 so he could see effects himself up close that just got written up into paper. This is the umptenth time I've been poked and prodded but the first time I have seen it lead to light...there are a whole generation of researchers out there like Sunil who are the ones whom will end this war!
peace, steve

PAIR TO BE HONOURED FOR WORK ON DRUG TREATMENTS
"Much of what plays out on the streets of Vancouver -- the selling, the using, the killing, the infections, the dying and the property crime -- is a direct result of the criminalization of drugs," he said.

US: OPED: Let's Bail Out the Pot Dealers!
MapINC Recent Media Headlines

American Medical Association Ends Opposition to Medical Marijuana DRCnet

A Legal Victory for Patients DRCnet

Will Florida be next to allow medical marijuana? Nov 10 2009
For legalization activists in states where medical marijuana is not legal, such as Florida, Obama's new policy provides a powerful incentive to continue in efforts toward legalization.

Deadliest Drugs clicpic

Marijuana: Less Dangerous Than Aspirin Nov 10 2009
Andrew Sullivan: The media irrationally focuses on what isn't the biggest problem by any objective assessment.

Medical Pot Advocates Say Red Bluff Growing Ban Vulnerable to Lawsuits

Tipping the Scales on a 'Weed-Mart' In Gilroy
US CA: Column: Larson, John The Gilroy Dispatch   10 Nov 2009

City will issue 'cease and desist' to marijuana dispensary
Nov 10, 2009  By Jonathan Partridge

Local resident Kelley-Jo Wendlandt takes a break outside of Your Health and Wellness Center, a medical marijuana dispensary on First Street, Tuesday. Wendlandt, a volunteer, patient and member has been using medical marijuana for the past nine years for several spinal diseases and complications from one of her four back surgeries. "We're just here to help the patient," Wendlandt says.
Photo by: Lora Schraft, Staff Photographer

Local resident Robert Vaca shows his medical cards after receiveing medical marijuana from Your Health and Wellness Center, a medical marijuana dispensary on First Street, Monday evening.

The logo of MediLeaf, a medical marijuana dispensary that opened at 1321 First St. less than a month after the City Council effectively voted against giving the store a permit.      
Photo by: Special to The Dispatch

AMA Calls for Feds to Review Marijuana Restriction By Stephanie Condon
CN Source: CBS News  November 11, 2009
The American Medical Association on Tuesday adopted a resolution calling for the government to review its classification of marijuana, in order to ease the way for more research into the use of medical marijuana.

Should Pot Be Legal?
Two-part debate between retired Orange County Judge James P. Gray and David Evans, an author and advisor to the Drug Free America Foundation.

Lies About Marijuana Drive People to a Much More Harmful Drug - Booze
Anti-pot propaganda drives most people to drink alcohol instead. But booze is far more dangerous than marijuana.

War, Truth, Aspirin, and History Television
David Malmo-Levine
The simple fact of war – the fact missing from the Remembrance Day ritual and History Television, the most important fact of all – is that war is big business.

AMA Ends 72-Year Policy, Says Marijuana has Medical Benefits
The American Medical Association voted today to reverse its long-held position that marijuana be retained as a Schedule I substance with no medical value.

American Medical Association reverses -
supports removing marijuana from Schedule 1
DWR: Pete Guither This is huge news.

According to Americans for Safe Access:

HOUSTON — The American Medical Association (AMA) voted today to reverse its long-held position that marijuana be retained as a Schedule I substance with no medical value. The AMA adopted a report drafted by the AMA Council on Science and Public Health (CSAPH) entitled, “Use of Cannabis for Medicinal Purposes,” which affirmed the therapeutic benefits of marijuana and called for further research. The CSAPH report concluded that, “short term controlled trials indicate that smoked cannabis reduces neuropathic pain, improves appetite and caloric intake especially in patients with reduced muscle mass, and may relieve spasticity and pain in patients with multiple sclerosis.” Furthermore, the report urges that “the Schedule I status of marijuana be reviewed with the goal of facilitating clinical research and development of cannabinoid-based medicines, and alternate delivery methods.”

The drug warriors have long used the fact that the AMA hasn’t supported reclassifying marijuana as a major proof of their position (despite the fact that many other medical organizations have supported it.

The unreleased draft of their statement is not an outright endorsement of medical marijuana, but it’s a huge step.

Our AMA urges that marijuana?’s status as a federal Schedule I controlled substance be reviewed with the goal of facilitating the conduct of clinical research and development of cannabinoid-based medicines, and alternate delivery methods. This should not be viewed as an endorsement of state-based medical cannabis programs, the legalization of marijuana, or that scientific evidence on the therapeutic use of cannabis meets the current standards for a prescription drug product.

Judge Overturns Colorado Medical Pot Restrictions
A judge overturned tight restrictions Tuesday on Colorado medical marijuana providers, saying state health officials had ignored the needs of patients and violated open meetings laws while imposing the rules. The ruling by Denver District Judge Larry Naves means medical marijuana providers can continue supplying the drug to registered users without having to provide any other care, as a state Board of Health vote last week would have required.

Fired UPS driver's suit claims he wouldn't deliver pot

JOHN WYETH & BROTHERS CANNABIS POWDER

American High Society

1968 UK ROYAL COMMISSION, THE WOOTTON REPORT
"Having reviewed all the material available to us we find ourselves in agreement with the conclusion reached by the Indian Hemp Drugs Commission appointed by the Government of India (1893-94) and the New York Mayor's Committee (1944 - LaGuardia) that the long-term consumption of cannabis in moderate doses has no harmful effects" "the long-asserted dangers of cannabis are exaggerated and that the related law is socially damaging, if not unworkable"

Virtues' of Ganja

Politics of Pot

Shadow of the Swastika Elkhorn Manifesto

Dr J. H. Jaffe, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. L.Goodman and A Gillman, 3rd edn. 1965
"There are no long lasting ill-effects from the acute use of marijuana and no fatalities have ever been recorded ... there seems to be growing agreement within the medical community, at least, that marijuana does not directly cause criminal behaviour, juvenile delinquency, sexual excitement, or addiction."

The Stoners Will Survive

Drugwar Lies Linked to Schizophrenia

Professor Lester Grinspoon, Harvard Medical School, USA
"Marijuana is one of the least toxic substances in the whole pharmacopoeia"

Ganjabars in Vending Machines
Ain't that America, Home of the Free Baby.

Sea Mac

• The Wizard
  • Webmaster
  • Expertise: 18

The AMA is calling for a government review of marijuana’s legal status!

The great news keeps on coming.

Yesterday, the American Medical Association — the U.S.'s largest and most influential medical association — passed a new policy stance calling for a government review of marijuana’s legal status

Marijuana is currently classified by the federal government as a Schedule I drug, grouping marijuana with drugs like heroin, LSD, and PCP, which are deemed to have no accepted medical uses and considered unsafe for use even under medical supervision.

The AMA's new policy "urges that marijuana’s status as a federal Schedule I controlled substance be reviewed with the goal of facilitating the conduct of clinical research and development of cannabinoid-based medicines, and alternate delivery methods." It goes on to explain that this position should not be construed as an endorsement of state medical marijuana programs.

This is a major shift from the AMA’s previous position, which recommended that marijuana be kept in Schedule I. What's more, the AMA also rejected an attempt to urge doctors not to participate in state medical marijuana programs by recommending marijuana to their patients.

This shift, coming from America’s most cautious and conservative major medical organization, is historic. The AMA’s previous position was often cited by our opponents as evidence that medical marijuana's utility was not widely accepted. This change will make the opposition's argument significantly more difficult to make.

Since 2006, MPP has been instrumental in persuading medical organizations like the American College of Physicians to issue positions calling on the government to relax restrictions against medical marijuana — with the ultimate goal of persuading the AMA to do the same. Yesterday's news is a big step toward that goal.
Pages: 1   Go Up

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 25 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal