The Truth about Hemp

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DPAN email petition to Legalize, Tax and Regulate Pot in CA  (Read 2864 times)

Sea Mac

• The Wizard
  • Cultivator
  • Expertise: 18
DPAN email petition to Legalize, Tax and Regulate Pot in CA
« Reply #1 on: 01-05-2010 at 01:36:09 PM »

Support Marijuana Regulation in California

Email your legislator and urge them to cosponsor Assemblymember Tom Ammiano’s bill to tax and regulate marijuana like alcohol in California (AB 390) – and to ask for support from their colleagues on the Public Safety and Health Committees.  By January 12th, those two committees will vote on the bill.

http://dpa.convio.net/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&id=456

Support Marijuana Regulation
I urge you to support AB 390, Assemblymember Ammiano's landmark bill to regulate marijuana for adult use like alcohol. I strongly encourage you to sign on as a co-sponsor of this historic legislation, and I ask you to support its passage at the upcoming Public Safety and Health Committee hearings. Please ask your colleagues on those committees to support AB 390.

I believe that prohibition has failed and that the only way to get marijuana off the streets and out of our schools is to create a legally regulated and controlled market for adults. Taxing and regulating marijuana will reduce youth access to and use of marijuana, undermine cartels, redirect scarce law enforcement resources to matters of greater public safety, and allow us to invest new revenue into health, prevention education, drug treatment and other state programs.

It's time for Sacramento to catch up with the electorate, which supports ending decades of failed marijuana prohibition in ever-increasing majorities. Please be a part of the solution, and support AB 390.

The Truth about Hemp Privacy Policy

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 25 queries.

email