The Truth about Hemp

Advanced search  
Pages: 1   Go Down

Author Topic: And NOW the Courage Campaign is on board: Legalize and tax it!  (Read 6865 times)

Sea Mac

• The Wizard
  • Webmaster
  • Expertise: 18
Re: And NOW the Courage Campaign is on board: Legalize and tax it!
« Reply #2 on: 04-13-2010 at 05:17:28 PM »

I did it.

Build the movement: Pledge to support the cannabis legalization initiative
Help us build a campaign to pass the initiative

91.2% of Courage Campaign members voted to support the initiative to legalize, tax and regulate cannabis that will be on the November ballot. Because of that vote, Courage Campaign will organize to support and pass the initiative. But we can't do it without your help.

The first step in any campaign is to identify supporters and build the movement. That's where you come in. Please take this pledge to help pass the cannabis initiative -- and invite your family and friends to do so as well:

We, the undersigned, pledge to support and help to pass the cannabis initiative on the November ballot in California.

We believe cannabis legalization will help solve the state's budget crisis by bringing in new revenues, while providing long-overdue prison reforms. It will help law enforcement across the state focus on other, more important priorities. It will help Californians with long-term illnesses have safe, reliable access to medicinal cannabis. We believe it is a reform whose time has finally come.

We pledge to support the cannabis legalization initiative and bring this progressive reform to California.

Then I signed and:
Thank you for pledging to help pass the cannabis legalization initiative
Now can you invite your friends to join you?

Opposition to the initiative is beginning to organize, as defenders of a failed status quo try one last time to revive the Reagan-era policy of cannabis prohibition. They will succeed in defeating this initiative unless we can build a people-powered movement of progressive Californians to pass it. The sooner we can identify supporters, the more effective our efforts will be to deliver victory in November.

It takes just a minute to help. You can either forward the sample email message below to your friends ....
Hi!

I just joined the Courage Campaign in pledging to vote "Yes" and to help pass the cannabis legalization initiative on the November ballot. Will you join me?

http://www.couragecampaign.org/cannabispledge

I took the pledge because cannabis legalization will help solve the state's budget crisis by bringing in new revenues, while providing long-overdue prison reforms. It will help law enforcement across the state focus on other, more important priorities. It will help Californians with long-term illnesses have safe, reliable access to medicinal cannabis. It's a reform whose time has finally come.

The Courage Campaign is building the movement to help pass the initiative, and are identifying supporters. Will you join me in taking the pledge and help make this campaign a success?

Thanks!

Sea Mac

• The Wizard
  • Webmaster
  • Expertise: 18
And NOW the Courage Campaign is on board: Legalize and tax it!
« Reply #1 on: 04-13-2010 at 05:09:50 PM »

I got an email from a grass-roots organization called "The Courage Campaign":

Dear Sea Mac --

91.2%.

That's the percentage of Courage Campaign members who voted "yes" in our recent survey on the cannabis initiative. Tens of thousands who voted -- an overwhelming majority -- said they support the initiative that would allow the state and local governments to legalize, tax and regulate the sale and use of cannabis.

Because of your vote, the Courage Campaign is launching a campaign to help pass the initiative when it comes to the ballot this November. The first step in any campaign is to start identifying supporters. And you can help.

Will you join the Courage Campaign in pledging to vote "Yes" on the cannabis initiative this fall? Once you've added your name, will you invite your friends and family to join you? Help us build a strong base of support for the campaign to legalize, tax, and regulate cannabis by clicking here:

Cannabis legalization will help solve the state's budget crisis by bringing in new revenues, while providing long-overdue prison reforms. It will help law enforcement across the state focus on other, more important priorities. It will help Californians with long-term illnesses have safe, reliable access to medicinal cannabis. It is a reform whose time has finally come.

But it won't happen without your help. Opposition to the initiative is beginning to organize, as defenders of a failed status quo try one last time to revive the Reagan-era policy of cannabis prohibition. They will succeed in defeating this initiative unless we can build a people-powered movement of progressive Californians to pass it. The sooner we can identify supporters, the more effective our efforts will be to deliver victory in November.

That's why the Courage Campaign is asking you to help build the movement by pledging to vote "Yes" on the cannabis initiative. Then ask your friends and family to take the pledge with you. Click here to get started:

Thank you for helping us build out this campaign to bring progressive change to California.

Robert Cruickshank
Public Policy Director, Courage Campaign

The Courage Campaign is a multi-issue online organizing network that empowers more than 700,000 grassroots and netroots supporters to push for progressive change and full equality in California and across the country. Supported by thousands of small donations from our diverse community, the Courage Campaign holds politicians accountable to progressive values, works for fundamental reform to our state's broken government, and trains and organizes activists to change their communities.
Hell Yes I Signed it!
Pages: 1   Go Up

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 26 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal