The Truth about Hemp

Advanced search  
Pages: 1   Go Down

Author Topic: Say No to Michele Leonhart for DEA Administrator  (Read 4119 times)

Sea Mac

• The Wizard
  • Webmaster
  • Expertise: 18
Say No to Michele Leonhart for DEA Administrator
« Reply #1 on: 05-05-2010 at 01:53:07 PM »

Say No to Michele Leonhart for DEA Administrator

DEA acting administrator Michele Leonhart has overseen dozens of medical marijuana raids and blocked scientific research. Now she's denying veterans medical marijuana, but the Senate has the power to stop her. Urge the Senate to demand a new DEA administrator.

The DEA needs a leader who will approach our nation's drug issues with reason, science and compassion, but DEA acting administrator Michele Leonhart has shown again and again that political posturing is her number one priority.

Ms. Leonhart has blocked scientific research and overseen dozens of medical marijuana raids, even after President Obama instructed federal law enforcement to stop wasting resources going after medical marijuana patients and providers in states where medical marijuana is legal.  I learned recently that, under her direction, the DEA has advised the Veteran's Administration to prohibit its doctors from recommending medical marijuana to their patients, even in states where non-veterans can legally access medical marijuana through their primary care physicians. 

Men and women who have served in combat deserve the best medical care we have, but because Ms. Leonhart refuses to end this policy, many veterans cannot even receive the quality of care they are entitled to under state law.

I am disappointed that Michelle Leonhart is the president's nominee to permanently head the DEA.  When it comes time for the Senate to consider her nomination, I hope that you will vote against confirmation.
Pages: 1   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 26 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal