The Truth about Hemp

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MPP asks to call your senator for MA  (Read 3146 times)

Sea Mac

• The Wizard
  • Cultivator
  • Expertise: 18
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.13 Firefox 3.6.13
Re: MPP asks to call your senator for MA
« Reply #2 on: 02-03-2011 at 12:01:29 PM »

I Add my sincere prayers that MA law makers have compassion on the Sick (and stop making War on their Own People)!

And it would bring in Millions in additional Tax Dollars! Every Sick taxpayer they jail is a double hit to the economy: they Lose the Tax Money that person was sending in AND they have to Pay to feed/house/care for them as Well!

No Wonder America has jails overflowing and the economy is tanking!
« Last Edit: 02-03-2011 at 07:26:24 PM by Sea Mac »

elyusium

• Staff
  • Expertise: 8
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.13 Firefox 3.6.13
MPP asks to call your senator for MA
« Reply #1 on: 02-03-2011 at 07:30:00 AM »

:help:These people are my Senator and Representative so it's a bit redundant for me to call them as they are introducing the bill. Rosenberg already knows quite clearly what I think about him not supporting any kind of legislation that would alleviate the criminal activity of the government in arresting people for marijuana. This is, however, a far cry from when I spoke to him last year and tried to tell me he already helped pass a bill for medical marijuana. I wrote him back and told him he needs to do research and if he or his staff couldn't I'd be glad to flood his mail box with all the info he needs about MA marijuana laws. I told them both; we had a different Representative last year, that I would no longer vote for politicians who remain silent about this catastrophe. The then Representative had the gal to email me back and tell me he didn't like being threatened. I said, since when is it a threat to tell my Representative how to vote? Neither of them got back to me after that. However it sure appears Rosenberg has changed his mind. Every state surrounding us has, at least, Medical Laws in place so it's about time MA stepped up.
 :heart:

MA: Deadline for co-sponsorship approaching!
Dear MPP Supporter :

A couple of weeks ago, I e-mailed you to ask if you could contact your legislators and ask them to co-sponsor Rep. Smizik’s and Sen. Rosenberg’s companion medical marijuana bills. The deadline for legislators to sign on as co-sponsors is this Friday, February 4. If you have not already done so, please e-mail your legislators and ask that they co-sponsor HD 00371/SD 00678, the Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Act, today!

With the help of the Massachusetts Patient Advocacy Alliance, we were able to build a strong coalition of supporters for medical marijuana, including the Massachusetts Nurses Association and the Massachusetts Bar Association. Join these learned organizations in supporting medical marijuana by asking your legislators to co-sponsor HD 00371/SD 00678.

As always, feel free to pass this alert along to friends and family so that they can advocate for compassionate legislation as well.

Sincerely,

Robert Capecchi

Robert J. Capecchi
Legislative Analyst
Marijuana Policy Project  
« Last Edit: 02-04-2011 at 04:07:21 PM by elyusium »
peace

The Truth about Hemp Privacy Policy

Page created in 0.343 seconds with 25 queries.