The Truth about Hemp

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: San Diego city council Dispensary Ban - protest form!  (Read 3741 times)

Sea Mac

• The Wizard
  • Cultivator
  • Expertise: 18
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.15 Firefox 3.6.15
San Diego city council Dispensary Ban - protest form text.
« Reply #2 on: 03-21-2011 at 02:02:36 AM »

Dear Council Member

As one of your constituents, I am signing this letter to inform you that I support reasonable regulation of medical cannabis facilities and safe access for patients in the city of San Diego and that I oppose the ordinance before the city council as it is currently written.

The ordinance recommended by the Planning Commission lacks compassion for the sick and dying as a de facto ban on cannabis facilities in the city. That is why I’m asking that you adopt new amendments to the ordinance that will do the following:

l. Allow for all commercial and for all industrial uses.
2. Remove all sensitivity use areas except for 600 ft from schools as per state law AB 2650.
3. Allow Medical Cannabis Facilities to operate “by right" identical to land use requirements imposed on pharmacies.

l oppose any ordinance that does not include all of the above changes and I urge you to raise a motion to amend the current proposed ordinance and enact the above recommendations which respect the needs of patients and the community.

This is a priority issue for me and if you do not support a reasonable ordinance you will no longer have my vote as a public servant. I am hopeful that you will support patients and respect the will of the voters of California in ensuring safe access in the city of San Diego.

Sea Mac

• The Wizard
  • Cultivator
  • Expertise: 18
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.15 Firefox 3.6.15
San Diego city council Dispensary Ban - protest form!
« Reply #1 on: 03-21-2011 at 01:46:23 AM »

The San Diego city Council is proposing a ban on dispensaries. They plan to do this by new zoning laws. Many local grassroots organizations oppose this, and there is a form that you may print out and sign, and deliver to your council member or to 1816 HOWARD AVE, SAN DIEGO, CA. 92103 before March 25, 2011. Here is a link to that form:  http://thetruthabouthemp.com/councilform.pdf

The San Diego city Council members, because THEY do not need this medication themselves, have no compassion for the sick and dying patients in their districts. They have never had to watch their wife dying of breast cancer, suffering greatly because of her being unable to get safe access to the medication she needs. They have no compassion for AIDS patients, people with chemotherapy needs, people in severe pain, or even glaucoma patients. As far as the city Council is concerned they may all suffer, go blind, or die.

These heartless people do not care that the majority of San Diego's voters support safe access for medical marijuana:  they are going to drive these businesses out of business!  What's Next? Chinese Herbal Medicine Shops? Pharmacies?  

Medical Marijuana dispensaries should be Zoned EXACTLY the SAME as Chinese Herbal Medicine Shops and Pharmacies with ONLY the "600 ft from schools" exception: as per state law AB 2650.

My idea is an economic one. The city of San Diego claims it does not have any money in its coffers, not even for essential services! And yet the city Council members seem bound and determined to drive dozens of tax paying businesses out of the city. I think the offset, for loss of tax revenue, should come out of the city council's pay!

Make a list of every dispensary in each district (hint: check business license applications etc.) and find out how much in taxes they have reported over the previous 12 months. For every dispensary that the city Council drives out of business with new zoning laws: the loss of tax revenue from that dispensary should be offset from that Council persons pay!

For instance: the council member from downtown votes new zones that close 10 dispensaries. In the 12 prior months each of those dispensaries averaged $100,000 in taxes, and business license fees. Instantly, the downtown district now has $1 million less for vital services (it says it cannot afford them now!). Take that million dollar loss out of the downtown Council members pay! And do the same for each district!

Or would you rather see them close another fire station? Or perhaps more rolling brownouts in fire stations/paramedics for your area? Please help support safe access in San Diego by signing the form, and delivering it to the city Council, or to 1816 Howard Avenue before March 25.

1816 HOWARD AVE
SAN DIEGO, CA. 92103
Hours of Operation    
10AM TO 9PM MON THROUGH SAT,
11AM-8PM SUN
« Last Edit: 03-21-2011 at 01:40:43 PM by Sea Mac »

The Truth about Hemp Privacy Policy

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 25 queries.

email