The Truth about Hemp

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: California Cannibus Tax  (Read 8251 times)

Sea Mac

• The Wizard
  • Cultivator
  • Expertise: 18
Re: California Cannibus Tax
« Reply #8 on: 10-01-2010 at 05:53:14 PM »

No Adult should go to Jail for making a Choice ....

Thanks to MPP California for the Video!

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Sea Mac

• The Wizard
  • Cultivator
« Reply #7 on: 07-13-2010 at 04:56:22 PM »

California has ALREADY been helped out by Marijuana!

I found this Cool Cannabis newspaper Called West Coast Leaf http://www.westcoastleaf.com/ in my Favorite Dispensary.

And there was this article that I feel I need to Quote
Taken from http://www.westcoastleaf.com/?p=1191 on July 13th 2010:
Medi cannabis helping California pay its debts
Tax receipts around $100m

By Dale Gieringer  California NORML

The California Board of Equalization reported that the state is collecting $50 – $100 million annually in sales taxes from medical marijuana. The report confirms an estimate previously published by California NORML* and independently confirmed by Americans for Safe Access.

California NORML currently estimates the state’s domestic retail market for medical cannabis at over $1 billion per year in a total adult use market of $6 billion. Even more is shipped out of state.

Prohibitionists, led by Los Angeles District Attorney Steve Cooley, have sought to choke off the state’s lucrative medical market by claiming that sales are illegal. Advocates argue that medical sales are legal under SB 420, and the state stands to lose millions in sales tax revenues if LA’s dispensaries are closed.

Regulated adult use could net the state $1.4 billion in revenues according to the state Legislative Analyst’s office, or over $1.2 billion by Cal NORML’s estimate.*

Marijuana Dispensaries in CA have ALREADY brought in over $100,000,000 in Tax Revenue! Think if EVERY Consenting adult could buy this and pay taxes on it!

DdC

• Staff
  • Expertise: 16
Re: California Cannibis Tax Nix
« Reply #6 on: 05-26-2009 at 06:23:50 PM »

Ammiano Legislation Introduced 5-11-2009
thetruthabouthemp

Legalize It: February 22, 2009
Ammiano to Introduce Legislation Monday to Allow Pot -- and Tax It
The story SF Weekly broke on Friday is true: Assemblyman Tom Ammiano will announce legislation on Monday to legalize marijuana and earn perhaps $1 billion annually by taxing it.

That bill was pulled by Ammiano some time back. He said he wanted to introduce it again next year in order to gather more support. And with what the govenator said recently, he just might get it.

Granted, the bill wimps out when it comes to total legalization, but it would still be a major step in the right direction. An example and precedent for the rest of the country. I know I'd be happy if my state got rid of all criminal penalties.

And as far as taxes go, my prediction is that it would end up much like tobacco or carrots, as per your analogy. If you sell them, you pay taxes. Fair enough. But if you grow your own, then you don't. I wouldn't have a problem with that type of situation.
Tony Aroma Tue May 19, 2009

CrazyCalvinaFay

Calvina Fay vs. Jack Cole

Al K. Lloyd

• Staff
  • Expertise: 1
« Reply #5 on: 02-26-2009 at 12:10:07 PM »

Very cool news L.D. ... thanks for posting that ... hopefully if things work on the west coast, the sanity will spread east!  :music:

Sea Mac

• The Wizard
  • Cultivator
Re: California Cannabis Tax
« Reply #4 on: 02-26-2009 at 09:50:14 AM »

I wish you lived in San Diego!

;)   :bowing: :beating:

LadyDraggonn

• Hemp Advocate
  • Expertise: 10
« Reply #3 on: 02-26-2009 at 09:35:09 AM »

yayy ! I wish it would just finally be legalized everywhere.. that would jumpstart the economy ,get us out of recession  and NO ONE would be depressed lol ..2 tokes and they be like f*** worry im good right now lol. Life would be beautiful :lol:

Sea Mac

• The Wizard
  • Cultivator
Re: California Cannabis Tax
« Reply #2 on: 02-25-2009 at 11:56:21 AM »

Yeah!

I'm in California and I'm all in favor of AB 390!

I've already sent emails to my representatives by way of this link:

https://ssl.capwiz.com/mpp/issues/alert/?alertid=12756556

I intent to write letters and make phone calls too!

LadyDraggonn

• Hemp Advocate
  • Expertise: 10
California Cannibus Tax
« Reply #1 on: 02-24-2009 at 09:41:27 AM »

Saw this just a few mins ago wanted to share
 :music:
California mulls cannabis tax

* February 25, 2009

SACRAMENTO, California: Could cannabis be a salvation for California's fiscal misfortunes?

A member of California's state assembly is introducing legislation to do just that: make California the first state to tax and regulate recreational marijuana.

Assemblyman Tom Ammiano from San Francisco says it is time to reap some state revenue while putting a damper on drug use by teens, cutting police costs and even helping Mother Nature.

"I know the jokes are going to be coming, but this is not a frivolous issue," said Mr Ammiano, a Democrat elected to the assembly in November. "California always takes the lead - on gay marriage, the sanctuary movement, medical marijuana."

Anti-drug groups are anything but amused by the idea of California collecting a windfall from the leafy herb that remains illegal under federal law.

Calvina Fay, executive director of Save Our Society From Drugs, said: "Legalising drugs like this would create a whole new set of costs for society."

Mr Ammiano's measure essentially would replicate the regulatory structure used for alcohol, with taxed sales barred to anyone under 21.

He said it would allow police to focus on more serious crimes while keeping marijuana away from teenagers.

The environment would benefit, too, he said, by uprooting destructive pot plantations that denude fragile ecosystems.

By some estimates, California's pot crop is a $US14 billion ($22 billion) industry. On that figure, the proposal could mean upward of $US1 billion in tax revenue each year.

After posting a $42 billion budget deficit, "generating new revenue is crucial to the state's long-term fiscal health", said Betty Yee, California's Board of Equalisation chairwoman, who supports Mr Ammiano's proposal.

Also in support of opening debate on the issue is the retired Orange County Superior Court judge James Gray, a longtime legalisation proponent.

"I'm a martini guy myself," Mr Ammiano said. "But I think it's time for California to look at this in a truly deliberative fashion."

Los Angeles Times

The Truth about Hemp Privacy Policy

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 25 queries.

email